- Unrivalled sound quality with crystal clear treble, open mid-band and subterranean bass
- Ultra high end performance in a small package
- Purely passive Autotransformer design wired throughout with Fractal-Wire™ to perfectly match any source component with any power amplifier
- No mains noise, no electronic hash and no requirement for esoteric mains conditioners or power cord
The preamp/control unit is the heart of any hi-fi system. The Allegri Passive Autotransformer preamp is a very small control unit with a very big heart. It is rated by some very critical and highly experienced high-end hi fi reviewers as the best sounding preamp at any price. It is exceptionally transparent, has absolutely no noise and enormously wide bandwidth. The Allegri has vanishingly low distortion, very powerful and deep bass and amazing drive throughout the audio band. Treble is crystal clear with not a hint of hardness or brashness. It just sounds right!
The Allegri Passive Autotransformer has a six position input selector, a mute switch and a 24 position volume control with intervals chosen to cover a wide range of volume levels in different systems. Its state-of-the-art autotransformers are wound with Townshend Audio Fractal-Wire™ and laminated with ultra-thin metal laminations for the highest possible resolution. There are six pairs of gold plated stereo phono inputs and two pairs of outputs. The case is made of anodized aluminium.
Preamps of today do not require gain as all quality source components have an output of about 2 volts with a low output impedance. Any competent power amplifier will achieve full output with typically 1 volt and have a high input impedance. Unlike conventional passive controllers the Townshend Allegri matches the impedance requirements of source and amplifier so that full dynamics are retained.
- Frequency response : 8Hz-100kHz +/- 0.1dB
- Maximum signal level : 4V RMS 8Hz; 10V RMS 20Hz
- Maximum DC offset : 5mV. (For undistorted 8Hz)
- Distortion : Less than 0.01% at 400Hz, 10V (2nd and 3rd harmonic only)
- Impedance : At 0dB, input impedance is 20kohm
: At -10dB (normal listening) input impedance is 200k
- Inputs : 6 pairs RCA phono sockets (gold plated)
- Outputs : 2 pairs RCA phono sockets (gold plated)
- Width : 127mm (5in)
- Height : 45mm (1.8in)
- Depth : 305mm (12in)
- Weight : 1.5kg (3.3lb)